Saturday, November 19, 2011

Hello world, I'm your wild girl!

hello all!
This is my first post in this blog about my movement into not only gyaru fashion, but specifically that of Mori Gyaru. A gyaru spin on the Mori Girl trends, I found myself falling in absolute love. Two styles I adore coming together to really create the ultimate style that I can see myself in.


I have previously been interested in Hime Gyaru, Hime Kaaji, and Boho styles and this almost feels like a big cluster of all those styles.
For reference, Mori Girl sprung up in 2006 and pretty much follows the trends of hippy fashion while turning the wearer pretty much into a girl of the forest. A whole set of rules and typical interests of mori girls were put up in the mixi page for it and roughly mori girls are seen as simplistic yet elegant, lovers of nature, artists and photographers. They seem to have a general love of nature and art. Trends made their way to Western shores and hipster style seems to borrow some looks from the style. Still it remains a look that seems almost effortless and clean.

Examples:



What I love about the style is the tones of the beiges, whites, and pinks all meshing together as well as the patterns. I also love the intricate designs of the accessories and the breezy feel of the look as a whole. What I don't like however is the natural and sometimes non existent makeup. This is where the gyaru comes in :)


Developing into Mori Gyaru, several gal models created their own versions of the style and incorporated Gal ideas into the look.


Popteen model Yui Kanno, shown here, showed some examples and gave ideas to incorporating a gal twist on the Mori Girl style. Sometimes keeping with the full length dresses and skirts and layering, and also the color scheme, with signature Gal makeup, lashes and flare brings a whole new part of the style.
It almost is similar to that of the Liz Lisa brand image. Ant that being my favorite Gyaru brand of all time, it makes me even happier

To learn more about Mori Girl visit http://morigirl.blogspot.com/


Now is where the transformation must happen! In order for me to commit to this style and get to it, I need to do a few things.
One of which is to lose some more weight and get healthy!
And also I must save money and get some more for my wardrobe!

For my next post, however i will be going through my closet and showcasing the clothing I already have that will be good for the style.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment